How do I make calls in Indonesia using a landline?
Telephone numbers in Indonesia have different systems for landlines and mobile phones: landlines use area codes, while mobile phones do not. For landline area codes, the digit “0” is added in front when dialing domestic long distance from within Indonesia, but is always omitted when calling from abroad. Instead, callers would use the Indonesian country code +62, followed by the area code, without the “0”. To make a phone call to Indonesia from abroad via landlines, callers dial +62, followed by the area code and subscriber’s number, omitting the ‘0’. For calls to mobile wireless phones (GSM) from abroad, callers dial +62, followed by the subscriber’s number, omitting the ‘0’.
What are the main emergency numbers I need to know?
- Police/General Emergencies: 110 or 112 (From Satellite and Mobile Phones)
- Ambulance and Medical Emergencies: 118 or 119
- Firefighter: 113
- Search and Rescue (BASARNAS): 115
- Natural Disaster Assistance: 129
- Useful Numbers:
- International Phone Number Information: 102
- Local Phone Number Information: 108
- Domestic Call Operator: 100 and 106
- International Call Operators: 101 and 107
- Bureau of Public Communication of the Ministry of Tourism: +62 21 3838899